My Sketches...

Well... i thought I'll use this platform to show off some of my sketches.
I'm not all that good at pencil sketching but then... who is perfect ;)

Click on the images to see them in more detail.

My first sketch...
I remember my dad had got this pencil sketches book for my younger sister... I was looking at all the sketches in it and came across this one. Something in me told me that i need to try my hand at sketching this (till date i only drew in my prac books). I started off after dinner and this being my first sketch i took a lot of time to finish it... but i didn't give up... simply because i saw that what i was sketching was quiet close to the original. I finally finished the sketch at 2 in the night and was really pleased with what i had accomplished.

I had seen this on the pencil box of one of my friends and wanted to sketch it. We were new to college then and I didn't have the guts to sketch in class. I took the box from my friend and told him that i would return it when i finished with the sketching. I really appreciate him for his patience... he didn't get his box back for the next 2 months but still didn't mind. :)
No... i didn't take 2 months to sketch it... it took me 2 months to get into the mood to sketch it :P



I just love animated movies, cartoons, anything animated for that matter. Tarzan is one of my favorite animated movies. I've sketched quiet a lot of Tarzan... i had also reached a stage where i started sketching Tarzan on one of the walls in my room... but then... the mom factor came in and Tarzan had to be rubbed off the wall :(

Sketching this was quiet a task... getting to understand sun rays through clouds was fun. I still stare at the evening skies trying to master the way sun rays break through the clouds.
Now don't think that I sketched this off my imagination... i'm not that good an artist yet.




One of my very first sketches.
Got nothing much to say bout this sketch... i used to pick up anything i felt like sketching and would start off.






The one place where all us friends relate to. Every time we felt like going out of this urban rush and commotion we would ride down to this place... "the lake" as we call it. If you ask me which is my best sketch I'd say this one. Why? because I just love this place and also because i sketched this sitting at home (purely based out of how well i know the lake) and to tell you the truth... this is exactly how it is.



As i got older in college i became better in creative art than in studies.... this is one of the products of my precious time in class.

7 comments:

Rize said...

Nice sketches man!! i remeber the tarzan u drew in class... the one from the box...hahaha..that guy did not get his box for ages man..not just 2 months :D....

Stargazer said...

There are a couple that I have as well. Will scan and upload those.

'Smee! said...

Whoa!! i like the sun rays thing the best :)

El Furibundo said...

i think you can put the beagle puppy sketch too! Man you're talented!

Anonymous said...

Man, you have some talent. Congrats. Can I suggest you someething. Change the background to something plain or contrast to the text color. I couldnt read without scrolling the text to some place where its clear. Keep writing. You now have a new regular reader to your blog.

Niki Shetty said...

beautiful sketches! :) keep posting!

Haixin said...

Wow. Beautiful sketches (: