Park 99 - Memories unfold!

Firstly, my apologies for keeping y’all waiting so long for this post.
Time, one of the things that cannot be controlled and we don’t get tired hoping it could be controlled. But even though time never slows or fastens its pace we still notice time to move slow or fast depending on the immediate environment. For example: I remember sitting in a class that took ages to get over even though it lasted for just as long as the others. I could listen to the lecture for about 10 minutes then sketch then sleep and then wake up and wonder what is happening for the last 10 minutes of class and then be in proper senses to answer questions like "John, were you sleeping because you are not well or you are not well because you were sleeping?". So, don’t you think it would be right to say that the pace of time ticking has a lot to do with the surroundings at that instant? Well I think it is right!
The herd chose hangouts which suited this phenomenon rather well, we knew what pace we want time to tick at and our hangouts gave us just that pace. Park 99 was one of my favorites, simply because time ticked at my pace, most of the time, except for times when I had to complete assignments for the next hour (park 99 always betrayed me on that :( ) But then, who cares!!! I used to have a great time sleeping on dried leaves fallen on the roof of the sump in the shade of the berry tree.
Park 99 is a place well equipped with an ultra large concrete trophy (a water tank) bundled with a pump house and the sump on which I always slept, a kid’s play area and lots of plants. These simple constructions provided for our adventure drives. Wondering how??? Hmmm… I think it is best to keep you wondering because I don’t want to reveal our little secrets to major fun!
The water tank was not just used for providing water to the houses in the layout but also worked as our “how scared of dogs are you?” meter. Wondering how again?? Well this time I’ll tell you! There was this maid who occasionally got a German Shepard for a stroll. Now among the herd are two chicken :) These guys are really scared of dogs. They were like Laurel and Hardy with exchanged heights… one was lean and short (Boranna) and the other (PapaBear – the name says it :) ) was stout and tall. So, coming back to the dog in the park… when these guys sensed the dog’s presence, they would run straight for the ladder of the water tank and climb it in a wink. I’d never seen anyone climb ladders that quick. Boranna was the quicker of the two and would settle for nothing lesser than 25 feet above ground, PapaBear on the other hand would give up at about 10-15 feet, something high enough to stay away from the dog. So did this explanation help? It better have!
I also remember spending quiet moments in the park… sleeping :) haha, not always though. There were times when I needed some time and a lot of quiet to sort out some things and park 99 helped me do just that. We friends spoke of all kinds of things from bikes to food, Loki’s attendance to Boranna’s weird interests, basically whiling out our time in perfect serenity. And what made things better was that no one other than us liked that park… so it was ours when ever we wanted to go there.
`The only problem with this place was that we couldn't go there when we were hungry! But not to complain... as the park would have been crowded otherwise. :)
Each of us friends may have different memories associated with this place, but for me it has a lot to do with helping me out with my decisions and of course the “how scared of dogs are you?” meter! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely has been a long time.
Don't know how high the meter would go for me now. :-)
That park has memories for me even after we left college. It's a good place to go even after making a decision, especially if it's a one that you don't like.

Anonymous said...

talking to Einstein's theory of relativity????

Another example.
"Time is always slow when you are in bench having nothing to do. But it runs very fast when you are in project and want to finish the work so that you can go home"

TheGreatOne said...

just felt nice readin it!! :)
didnt get most of it though!! :(

Anonymous said...

thanks, man. My happiest memories are from that place.